[FOSS4G2016] promo video

Daniel Kastl daniel at georepublic.de
Thu Sep 24 04:15:18 PDT 2015

Hi Till,

That a lot of users access the video, might be a reason why it's so
slow. But even on not busy times HD video will not stream to Asia
(Japan) without ongoing interruptions for loading.

So you could have various video sizes or you could use Amazon
Cloudfront for example to stream around the globe.

I don't exactly understand what you mean, that the website should be
the first point of contact. Having it hosted with a free (!!!) Vimeo
account doesn't prevent you to embed it in your website. Someone could
link to this URL
(http://2016.foss4g.org/files/foss4g/media/videos/foss4g2016_youtubehd-v
ersion.mp4)
and access it directly as well.

Daniel

PS: it took me more than 1h to download the video to Japan and I have
fibre internet connection. I'm pretty sure that it's fast for you ;-)