[FOSS4G2016] open data track / cross-over at FOSS4G?

Volker Mische volker.mische at gmail.com
Sat Sep 26 03:18:21 PDT 2015

On 09/25/2015 07:52 PM, Bart van den Eijnden wrote:
> Hello Bonn,
>
> at my shared office space there is an open data expert (Frank Verschoor,
> he is part of http://thegreenland.eu) and we were discussing that it
> would be cool to have some cross-over between FOSS4G and open data.
>
> It seems the open data conferences are less abundant than they used to
> be, i.e. they don’t get organised a lot anymore and hardly on the
> European / global level.
>
> From the stories I’ve heard, their conference culture seems very close
> to ours.
>
> Is there any interest in pursuing this idea?
>
> TIA for your thoughts.

Hi Bart,

I think that's a great idea. The culture was a bit difference (at least
in 2010 when I experienced it a bit), but nonetheless it would be great
to welcome the open data movement to the FOSS4G. I should probably
revive my contacts in the community (in hope they're still there).

I've noted it on my TODO list, so that this idea doesn't get lost.

Cheers,
  Volker