[FOSS4G2016] BoF with LOC 2015

Codrina Maria Ilie codrina at geo-spatial.org
Sun Sep 27 06:47:57 PDT 2015

Hi Till, Gert, Marc & LOC,

@Till,
It's very nice of you to say that! Thank you
I tried as much as possible to follow the social media to see how the
event unfolded. It seems it was an awesome event! No worries though,
we'll make ours better :D
Thank you for asking Sanghee for the list of dissemination
channels.info at marcvloemans.nl

@Gert, Marc
I would like to mention something on my part. In my mind, there is a
difference in what PR&Marketing vs community management does, thus
giving some colour to my implication in the PR team. I know nothing of
marketing, nor PR in the businessy kind of way. I see you talking of
hard working to develop a marketing plan for FOSS4G 2016 and in my
humble understanding, I reckon it is a very important aspect for the
success of the conference. Nonetheless, I think that the best use of my
contribution applies in a somewhat different area, an adjacent one.
Community management. How is that different? I think this blog post best
describes it
[http://cmxhub.com/the-fundamental-difference-between-marketing-and-community/].

Assisting in drafting a marketing plan? Have no idea what a marketing
plan is, in the first place. Keeping in touch with the OSGeo community,
keeping all in the loop, showing and proving once more that FOSS4G is
more than just o conference, is a place of gathering, of exchanging
ideas and opinions as productive in the conference rooms as over a table
in a pub, is something I would happily and very honoured embark to do
for FOSS4G 2016. Of course, our work would be in sync and I would look
to best fit into the time-frame and tasks you develop.

Best regards,
Codrina