[FOSS4G2016] [Program] Trim down meeting

Steven Feldman shfeldman at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 03:28:23 PDT 2016

I am late to this discussion, apologies if this is irrelevant.

In 2013 we got each of the selection group to rank abstracts from 1 to 100 put that into a spreadsheet alongside the community ranking and then used that as a first basis for selecting talks. We then did a second pass to avoid having individuals or companies having too many speakers (not much change) and then a third pass to enable us to do some grouping of talks (a few in and a few out at the margins). Finally we had about 10 or 12 talks that we kept on standby until we had confirmation from all of the accepted speakers that they intended to present ( a few dropped out).

It is worth having a few standby’s even after the programme is published as you we had some infuriating let downs just before the event.

Cheers
______
Steven