[FOSS4G2016] [Program] Trim down meeting: annual project reports

Volker Mische volker.mische at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 02:54:05 PDT 2016

Hi Gert-Jan,

On 04/14/2016 11:41 AM, Gert-Jan van der Weijden (OSGeo.nl) wrote:
> Since a lot of the abstracts concern a state-of-the-project of osgeo
> projects:
> I know that sometime, somewhere we discussed whether all the osgeo
> projects (as listed on [1]) were expected to present their annual
> state-of-the-project at FOSS4G.
> Don't know whether we discussed in within the LOC, or that I had this
> discussion with OSGeo board members.

I have no idea if it was discussed, but I give every OSGeo project at
least one slot, as it's an OSGeo conference.

> Anyway: does this influence our scores for the 280+ abstracts: do we
> give the annual report/state-of the project submissions a bye to advance
> to one of the 180 available slots.

I don't think it influences the score much (at least not in my votes). I
would rate them high anyway. Though (as mentioned above), even it they
wouldn't get voted highly, I would still give a slot.

But that's exactly those things we'll clarify on Friday in the meeting.

Cheers,
  Volker