[FOSS4G2016] travel granting - your opinion

Christoph Baudson christoph at baudson.de
Sun Apr 17 04:56:18 PDT 2016

Hi Till,

thanks for your thoughts.

First of all, is it possible to link to the travel grants donation page
during checkout? Kristin Bott told me they raised about 1K $ in 2014 by
this. Is the donation paypal account ready? What is the paypal account's
address?

Regarding your suggestions:

1. I think the point system sounds great. Will we decide in the next irc
meeting? I would like to have it on the travel grants section on the
website - I will start and prepare a text, I will also start work on
http://foss4g2016.org/redmine/issues/290. I will post a draft by
tomorrow night.

2. Accomodation and conference pass: +1
I also like the idea of travel funding for students joining the
studentship programme. Maybe these students could get a bonus point in
the point system above. Maybe this would also create an incentive for
students to work for us.

Thank you

Christoph