[FOSS4G2016] Scheduling the conference

Volker Mische volker.mische at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 08:56:15 PDT 2016

Hi LOC,

as you know, the talks of the conference will be video recorded. As this
is a semi-automated process, the video team needs to have a proper
schedule (though that's of course not the only reason to have a schedule).

The system where the talks were submitted has some functionality for
scheduling, but I have no clue how good it is. I would also need to
write a proper export for the video team, which might be difficult.

Hence I propose we use frab [1] for the scheduling. It's used for the
FOSSGIS conference and also by the video team. I will make sure all
talks from my system will end up there (there's an import function).

It would be great if there would be someone who would set up a frab
instance for the FOSS4G and then also feel responsible for it for the
conference.

I'll take care of scheduling the general and academic track, but there's
of course also things like the keynote, opening/closing sessions, etc.
which would also need things like a proper text, so that it shows up
nicely on the video platform we will upload it to.

Anyone wants to volunteer or helping me finding someone that deals with
frab? Perhaps someone from the FOSSGIS who has used the system before
(hint, hint).

[1]: http://frab.github.io/frab/

Cheers,
  Volker