[FOSS4G2016] OSgeo keynote (RE: LAST CHANCE: Keynotes FOSS4G 2016)

Gert-Jan van der Weijden - Stichting OSGeo.nl gert-jan at osgeo.nl
Wed Apr 27 03:37:14 PDT 2016

Till, Volker, Marc, Arnulf,

+1 for giving OSGeo a panel for the new strategy. An absolute must have!

Whether this keynote is presented by Venka (president) Dirk or Helena (vice-presidents), or by Jody (who submitted a regular talk on this topic) Í would like to leave up to the Board.

My favorite setup would be to have the strategic plans folded out in a keynote, and after that (same day or next day) have one of our "topic talks" (3 presentations + discussion on one topic) on the subject "FOSS: the next steps".
Both the next steps in the OSGeo strategy, as well as the Location Tech activities (by Andrea) would fit in such a "topic talk")

Preferably to be organized in close relation with the Board and LocTech.
Or even just by the Board and LocTech.

regards,

GJ