[FOSS4G2016] Accept/reject talk emails

Christian Mayer chris at meggsimum.de
Wed Apr 27 04:01:42 PDT 2016

Hi Gert-Jan, hi Volker

Am 27.04.2016 um 11:37 schrieb Volker Mische:
> Hi Gert-Jan,
>
> On 04/27/2016 11:09 AM, Gert-Jan van der Weijden - Stichting OSGeo.nl wrote:
>> Registering before the 1st of July seems like a good idea to me. 15th of June is perhaps even better. That leaves us with at least some time before the holiday season kicks off if presenters -for whatever reason- do not register to find an alternative.
> Fine for me. Are there other opinions?

I think registering before 1st of July should be more than enough. It
gives the speakers about 8 weeks to get managed everything.

>> Early bird discount ends in 10 days. It would be fair to extend this -just for the presenters- two week (given the fact that the upcoming weeks are filled with holidays).
>> I suppose our "financial department" has to decide whether our funds are enough to engage all 180 presenters for the reduced early bird discount fare.
> It's not really 180 presenters as some present several talks.

IMHO early bird discount is not really a speaker thing (in general
meaning). On the other side we could give speakers a little bonus for
bringing in a talk. I agree with GJ, that this is more a decision of the
financal crew. If this is not a problem I am OK with extending the DL
for speakers.

>> The travel grant program is an option for just a few presenters (those form the lower-income countries). Therefore I would not emphasize this too much, or at least make it clear that this only concerns a minority of the presenters
> Wouldn't this get clear from the travel grant page? I prefer making
> sure, non of possible candidates misses it.

Yes, this should be clear if you read the travel grant page.
The current website http://foss4g2016.org/attending.html#travel-grants
should be right but is not filled with the final content yet. Christoph
pushed this to the homepage team this morning, so should be available soon.