[FOSS4G2016] [Program] Accept/decline email draft

Christian Mayer chris at meggsimum.de
Wed Apr 27 23:28:06 PDT 2016

Hi Volker,

many thanks again for your ongoing work!
Two minor comments inline. Besides them everything looks good to me.

Cheers
Chris

Am 27. April 2016 22:35:56 MESZ, schrieb Volker Mische <volker.mische at gmail.com>:
>Here is another updated version, that might be the final one. I'd
>appreciate to get a vote from all those who had comments previously.
>
>Cheers,
>  Volker
>
>PS: As I'm almost done with my stuff, I might even be able to produce a
>blog post about the selection process for this year before sending out
>the emails :)
>

>Accepted
>--------
>
>Dear {{proposal.speaker}},
>
>Thank you for submitting a presentation proposal to FOSS4G 2016.

No capital letter at the beginning "thank you..."

>The Program Committee has worked very hard to decide which proposals
>were the best fit for the conference and to create an exciting and
>engaging program for our attendees.
>
>Your talk
>
>    {{proposal.title}}
>
>got ACCEPTED.
>
>The decision process was following the guidelines from 2014:
>http://2014.foss4g.org/abstract-review-process-for-foss4g-2014/
>And updated version with this year's numbers will be published soon.
>
>A list of all accepted talks will be published on the FOSS4G website
>on May 1st.
>
>If you are UNABLE to attend, please let the committee know as
>soon as possible, but not later than July 1st, by sending an e-mail
>to program at foss4g2016.org. If you are able to attend, then there
>is no need to let us know.
>
>If you haven't registered for the conference by July 1st, expect
>an e-mail from us asking you about your plans. Remember, the early
>bird discount ends on May 8th, so just go ahead and register now.
>
>Unfortunately, we are not able to offer any additional discount to
>presenters. However, we've setup a travel grant programme. Please

Use "program" here to use the same writing in the whole email. Also on the website it is written like this.

> [...]
>>>
>>> The decision process was following the guidelines from 2014:
>>> https://2014.foss4g.org/abstract-review-process-for-foss4g-2014/
>>> And updated version of this year's process will follow soon.
>>>
>>> A list of all accepted talks will be published on the FOSS4G website
>>> on May 1st.
>>>
>>> If you are UNABLE to attend, please let the committee know as
>>> soon as possible, but not later than July 1st, by sending an e-mail
>>> to program at foss4g2016.org. If you are able to attend, then there
>>> is no need to let us know.
>>>
>>> If you haven't registered for the conference by July 1st, expect
>>> an e-mail from us asking you about your plans. Remember, the early
>>> bird discount ends on May 8th, so just go ahead and register now.
>>>
>>> Unfortunately, we are not able to offer any additional discount to
>>> presenters. However, we do have a travel grant program. Applications
>>> for that are due on May 31st. For more information, please see: