[FOSS4G2016] [Program] Accept/decline email draft

till.adams at fossgis.de till.adams at fossgis.de
Thu Apr 28 02:19:58 PDT 2016

Hi,

> Hi Till,
>
> On 04/28/2016 08:49 AM, till.adams at fossgis.de wrote:
>> Volker, some marked --> minor changes:
>>
>> A list of all accepted talks will be published on the FOSS4G website
>> (on May 1st) --> soon.
>
> Why "soon", haven't we decided on May 1st and also published that
> date
> in the press release?

Could be earlier, I guess on 1st of May might be problematic, as nobody
works then ;-)

>> (Don't like the "unfortunately" here, because we never planned
>> this)::
>
> I think that's just a phrase to be polite.
>

>> (Unfortunately, we are not able to offer any additional discount to
>> presenters.)
>
> That sentence makes clear that there are also no other discounts. I'd
> keep it.

Okay, although I do not agree and don't like that sentence. We never
mentioned any discount for speakers, so why now ?

>> (However,) --> W(w)e've setup a travel grant programme --> in order
>> help people from poorer countries to attend.
>
> Won't that get clear from the website?

yep, but easier to mention it here, otherwise others also might think
of applying.
Not so important (for me the most important point is the above sentence
with "unfortunately" - but if you want to keep it, go ahead.)

Till