[FOSS4G2016] [Program] Lightning Talks

Christian Willmes c.willmes at uni-koeln.de
Wed Jan 13 00:28:49 PST 2016

Hi all,

LT's are from my point of view a platform for short talks, from
underdogs, that got not accepted with a full talk, or for things that
are just emerged very recently before the conference.
The fun thing of this format is, that anybody can hand in a Talk on very
short notice. This short notice can be some (few) days before the
conference, but on the CCC Congress for example [1][2], you can just
come up to the stage with a PDF of your presentation and you can shout
out your news.
The main constraint is the time for the talk, you have 5 min. sharp. The
session chair has to cut the microphone then and hand over to the next
LT presenter.
Further constraint is, that this format should not contain sales pitches
for a product. The session chair has to take care of interrupting the
presenter if this is the case.

Further, this LT format should not have a prime spot in the program
rooster.
An afternoon parallel session block is fine. Mostly people who don't
know what to attend instead or just want to get random ideas attend this
LT's as audience.

I would really like to see this kind of LT's too, its very inspiring and
gives a stage to the underdogs.

Cheers,
Christian

[1] https://events.ccc.de/2015/12/20/32c3-lightning-talks/