[FOSS4G2016] Travel Grants: decision on grants and sending approvals

christoph at baudson.de christoph at baudson.de
Thu Jun 16 02:34:33 PDT 2016

Hi there,

facts first
- The travel grant budget is 10050€.
- We have received 13 applications, 12 are valid, 1 is invalid.

1) Number of sponsored applications

We calculated that about 1000€ is needed for a single applicant. This
needs to cover for a conference pass (early bird: 590€) plus
accomodation (?€).

Q: Does our budget allow sponsoring all twelve applications? This would
equal 837,50€ per application.

2) Information for successful applicants

We want to send out an email to successful applicants with information
about registration and accomodation.

Q: I assume they will receive a registration code. Who is able to
generate this code?

Q: Is the accomodation in Bonn decided upon? The applicants have to know
the dates and the location of their sponsored stay. Who can give me
dates and addresses?

Thanks for your help

Christoph