[FOSS4G2016] Travel Grants: decision on grants and sending approvals

till.adams at fossgis.de till.adams at fossgis.de
Thu Jun 16 09:17:40 PDT 2016

Hi Christoph,

Am 2016-06-16 11:34, schrieb christoph at baudson.de:
> Hi there,
>
> facts first
> - The travel grant budget is 10050€.
> - We have received 13 applications, 12 are valid, 1 is invalid.
>

> 1) Number of sponsored applications
>
> We calculated that about 1000€ is needed for a single applicant. This
> needs to cover for a conference pass (early bird: 590€) plus
> accomodation (?€).

Need to seperate:

Regular Attendees : Ticket+ 4 Nights hotel (590.- + ~280.-)
Students, that are also in the studentship programme (Charlotte has the
list) 500.- cash + 4-6 nights in MaxHostel (500.- + 120-180.-)

> Q: Does our budget allow sponsoring all twelve applications? This
> would equal 837,50€ per application.

See above. If few hundred $ are missing, we'll kick that in from the
conference budget.

> 2) Information for successful applicants
>
> We want to send out an email to successful applicants with
> information about registration and accomodation.
>
> Q: I assume they will receive a registration code. Who is able to
> generate this code?

Charlotte, no does, we must do the bookings for them (effect is the
same). But let them register first and manage all the travel items
first.

> Q: Is the accomodation in Bonn decided upon? The applicants have to
> know the dates and the location of their sponsored stay. Who can give
> me dates and addresses?

Hotel not sure yet, need to be found, Charlotte can take care (and book
after they arranged their travel stuff). For students MaxHostel.

So far, Till