[FOSS4G2016] [Program] Scheduled talks for plenary chamber

Johan Van de Wauw johan.vandewauw at gmail.com
Thu May 26 14:01:34 PDT 2016

Hello Volker,

Thinking about this a bit more: I would have I, max 2 talks for the
same program in the plenary. In that main talk people can refer to
other talks on the same topic which can occur later (the state of
presentations are generally on the first 2 days).

I've started adapting your proposal how I would prefer it more.

day 3:

I would first have the postgis presentations and then the "exotic"
databases. Starting of with rocksdb after the keynote seems a bit
rough, I would start with something more familiar, so:

session 1:
* using postgis in a real advanced way;
* postgis topology;
*  shortest path in your database (195) or Open Source Street Routing
With PgRouting For Local Government - Dynamic Data and Performance (
161)

We could also switch one of the two postgis presentations with 375
"using sqlite to take maps offline on mobile devices"

session 2:
* spatial is not special;
* rocksdb;
* how gis friendly are graph databases today

Day 4:

session 1:
* GDAL 2.1 what is new (id 55)
* Command line geography (133)

session 2:
* state of geoserver;
* mapserver status report;
* state of Geogig

session 3:
* Geonetwork state of the art;
* implementing open geospatial data portals with ckan (id 169) ;
* spatial data and the search engine (105)

session 4: (no changes)
* QGIS  what's new
* QGIS 3: plans, wishes and challenges
* QField, a touch driven QGis interface

day 5:
session 1:
What is new and cool in Openlayers (1223)
How WebGL vector maps work (185)
Coordinate systems and map projections with EPSG.io (245)

session 2 and 3: no changes

Kind Regards,
Johan