[FOSS4G2016] [Program] Talks are scheduled now: proposed changes

Gert-Jan van der Weijden (OSGeo.nl) gert-jan at osgeo.nl
Tue May 31 02:50:46 PDT 2016

Hi Volker,

First of all: you've done a great job on this!

A few suggestions:
- General: give the talks an unique number. That makes it easier to
handle & discuss changes. Same goes for the tracks
- Day 3: the "lightning talks" in the morning are a bit surprising
between the Mayor of Bonn and the first keynote.
I'd expect a talk by a Board member on OSgeo in general here; could be
on of Jody's talks ("a new vision for osgeo" or "welcome to the foss4g
community". And wasn't Dirk Frigne supposed to be doing a general
OSgeo.org talks?
- Day 3: (I think Johan suggested this already): the first afternoon
track seems very in-depth technical. I'd rather move switch this entire
track with the land use track (now staged in the Plenargebäude).
- Day 3: For the 2nd afternoon session I'd put the "community track"
(GeoMajas etc.) in the Plenary Hall.
- General: are the 4 key topics (land use, open data, remote sesning and
disaster mapping) supposed to have their "center of gravity" at one day
(in order to persuade the member of those communities to join us one
day, instead of drowning in 3 days of free and open source
geospatial...)

regards,

Gert-Jan