[FOSS4G2017] Transportation Open Source At UMass

Guido Stein gstein at appgeo.com
Mon Apr 11 05:33:54 PDT 2016

Hey folks,

I attended TransportationCamp New England over the weekend and met some
folks building management and social tools for bus garages who were based
at UMass. Turns out that Umass runs busses for their campus and part of the
Pioneer Valley. It's a mostly student run group where they have 200 student
bus drivers.

The devs who showed up were really interested in getting freedback about
development practices and available tools that might make their work
better. They were sincerely interested in not recreating the wheel and
listening to others. I think that their team is great and recommended that
they come to our conference and perhaps speak about their journey into open
source and sharing the experiences they have had in the process.

You can find out more about their tools here if you are interested:
https://github.com/umts

If you have a open source story or group you think we should be reaching
out to, please share it here, as we/I am always looking to encourage our
local projects to come and take part in the conference.

-Guido

--
This e-mail message and any attachments may contain confidential or legally
privileged information. If you are not an intended recipient or otherwise