[FOSS4G2017] FOSS4G 2017 Boston Update

Michael Terner mgt at appgeo.com
Wed Mar 23 05:10:33 PDT 2016

Public List BOS4G Watchers:
It's been a busy couple of weeks since the last meeting of our Boston
Location Organizing Committee (BLOC) and we wanted to update all on a
couple of important milestones (in the event you're not directly following
OSGeo's Conference Dev listserve).

First, we were successful in completing the process of creating a formal
agreement between OSGeo and the BLOC via Delaney Meeting & Event Management
(DMEM) who will serve as our "Professional Conference Organizing" (PCO)
partner and also as our "legal entity" and "financial agent". This
agreement included approval to obtain up to $70,000 of advances to produce
the conference and another $45,000 of "additional financial guarantees" in
the unlikely event that FOSS4G 2017 doesn't break even.

Second, part of our agreement is that OSGeo appoints a person of their
choosing to our BLOC. This has now been done and the whole team *warmly
welcomes Sanghee Shin <https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/User:Sanghee> to the
BLOC! *Among many other accomplishments, Sanghee is a Charter Member of
OSGeo and he was the Conference Chairman of the successful 2015 Global
event held in Seoul, South Korea, where he is based. Sanghee will help
provide us invaluable advice while also ensuring that OSGeo is aware of our
plans and finances.

508 days  - and two important FOSS4G events to come - before show time in
Boston!

Sincerely,

​MT​

PS: Don't forget to register for the early May FOSS4G North America
Conference <https://2016.foss4g-na.org/> in Raleigh! Their early bird
registration ends on April 1.
--
*Michael Terner*
*Executive Vice President*

--
This e-mail message and any attachments may contain confidential or legally
privileged information. If you are not an intended recipient or otherwise