[FOSS4G2017] Next steps

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Tue Sep 6 07:04:52 PDT 2016

To followup on marketing:

OSGeo now has a hosted Git instance, where you can share html-ish files
for 2017.  There is already a 'foss4g' team there, and several
repositories (I just added a '2017.foss4g.org' repository there).
Please login at https://git.osgeo.org/gogs/foss4g/2017.foss4g.org and
send me your OSGeo user id, and I will add you to the 'foss4g' team.

Speaking big picture: the idea is that all FOSS4G local committees would
keep their repositories of html files there in that instance (so your
designers would make pull requests to that instance etc, using their
OSGeo IDs); and also those files would be pushed to a live hosted space
on a web-visible OSGeo server (for that part you will have to file a
ticket with SAC).  Be sure to use the "Systems Admin" component when
filing your new ticket at https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/

I know, you probably have your html currently on some github hosted
page[1], but, these steps will get you onto the OSGeo infrastructure,
and also make it easier for SAC and future local committees to find your
web files.

If you or your 2017 designers need an OSGeo ID, go here to create one,
change password, find your existing ID: http://www.osgeo.org/osgeo_userid

Note that for regular conference files (documents, raw poster files,
etc) you can use the SVN instance I mentioned in my original message.

Hope that helps,

[1] https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/1628

-jeff