[FOSS4G2017] Kids Map Gallery

Keith Jenkins kgj2 at cornell.edu
Wed Sep 14 13:10:42 PDT 2016

Heather,

I think this is a great idea!  If I remember correctly, the Portland
2014 FOSS4G gala at the World Forestry Center had a slideshow of all
the submitted posters running in the small theater of the museum.
When I was there, a small crowd was gathered to appreciate the
cartography.  Even though the posters were also viewable online,
viewing the posters together as a group -- on a large screen -- really
added to the community/family feeling of FOSS4G.  Adding kids' maps
into the mix would enhance that feeling!

Cheers,
Keith