[FOSS4G2017] Kids map gallery

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Mon Sep 5 06:46:05 PDT 2016

Hi Heather,

Thank you (and Felix) for championing this, I think this is really
special, and a great way to get kids excited about mapping.  May I
suggest that the theme for the submissions are "maps and sharing", with
the requirement that somewhere on the submission is included the text
"FOSS4G". (that kids will come away from this associating FOSS4G with
sharing, is really great).  We can ask the OSGeo Board for help with
funds for the awards.

Heather would you mind creating a wiki page for the Kids Map Gallery
committee, with these ideas?  Be sure to include the category
"FOSS4G2017" at the bottom of the page, so it magically appears on
https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Category:FOSS4G2017 (see the source of one
of those pages listed there for the syntax).

Please include me on this committee.

Thanks!

-jeff