[FOSS4G2019] OSGeo 101 workshop at FOSS4G 2019

Jachym Cepicky jachym.cepicky at gmail.com
Sun Jan 27 08:39:38 PST 2019

Hi Jorge,

I try to find as many contributors as possible, therefore I personally
would prefer Github for this usecase - as someone once told to me,
github is facebook for developers

with gitea, you need osgeo account (small, but still barrier)

I see, there is https://gitlab.com/osgeo (empty) - this would be first
repository :-/

not sure

ne 27. 1. 2019 v 1:24 odesílatel Jorge Gustavo Rocha <jgr at osgeopt.pt> napsal:

> Hi Jachym,
>
> Great! Looking forward to have it at FOSS4G 2019.
>
> I prefer gitlab to github. Gitlab is open source. Github isn't.
>
> But for the workshop materials, I think Gitea is good enough. You don't
> need sophisticated CI, etc.
>
> +1 on Gitea (or Gitlab)
> -1 on Github
>
> Best regards,
>
> Jorge Gustavo
>
> PS
>
> +1 Geopackage
> -1 Shapefile
>
> Às 09:51 de 25/01/19, Jachym Cepicky escreveu:
> > Hi all,
> > as promised in Guimarães, I just submitted the "OSGeo 101 -
> > Introduction to OSGeo" workshop to FOSS4 2019
> >
> > I would like to start materials - there are two options: OSGeo custom
> > Gitea (login to OSGeo infrastructure needed), GITHub (3rd party
> > software, low barrier for contribution)
> >
> > I suggest, we use GITHub (https://github.com/osgeo/) anybody dislikes this?
> >
> > Right now, I'm the only workshop mentor, more volunteers are welcome
> > and I'll happily add you all the the submission, I just kicked this
> > think of
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Jachym
> >

> --
> OSGeo Portugal
> NIF: 509588190
> email: geral at osgeopt.pt
> https://www.osgeopt.pt/
>
> Próximo evento: SASIG 2017, 20 a 22 de novembro, Porto
> Mais informações: http://osgeopt.pt/sasig2017/

Jachym Cepicky
e-mail: jachym.cepicky gmail com