[Fundraising] Prototype Income Projection

Jo Walsh jo at frot.org
Wed Aug 23 11:46:33 EDT 2006

On Tue, Aug 22, 2006 at 03:38:14PM -0400, Frank Warmerdam wrote:
> Rich is the authority on all this of course, and is preparing the
> documents.
>
> Personally, I went through the same concerns you are raising in this
> earlier discussion (paperwork overhead, hard to meet public support test)
> and came out of it feeling comfortable about the 501(c)3 route.

Is there somewhere in the archives you could dig out this
discussion... it would be nice to be reassured... you say 17 orgs are
going to give us 10K in year one... that's going to happen?
I guess if Rich is full on with the paperwork and it makes sense to
the majority I should stop complaining. I still wonder how much
sponsorship is really to project directed activity and to what extent
that is meaningfully routed through the foundation.

cheers,

jo