[Fundraising] Prototype Income Projection

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Aug 23 11:58:17 EDT 2006

Jo Walsh wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 22, 2006 at 03:38:14PM -0400, Frank Warmerdam wrote:
>> Rich is the authority on all this of course, and is preparing the
>> documents.
>>
>> Personally, I went through the same concerns you are raising in this
>> earlier discussion (paperwork overhead, hard to meet public support test)
>> and came out of it feeling comfortable about the 501(c)3 route.
>
> Is there somewhere in the archives you could dig out this
> discussion... it would be nice to be reassured... you say 17 orgs are
> going to give us 10K in year one... that's going to happen?
> I guess if Rich is full on with the paperwork and it makes sense to
> the majority I should stop complaining. I still wonder how much
> sponsorship is really to project directed activity and to what extent
> that is meaningfully routed through the foundation.

Jo,

Note that the projection is really for year two (2007).  I have no idea
how much we will accomplish by the end of this year.  Also, I think the
$170K was projected to come from 38 organizations under the 10K cap.

I am not sure where too look for the previous discussions other than the
board list archive.  I thought I had a wiki page about it, but I've looked
around a bit and can't find it.

Best regards,