Meeting Deferred to Tuesday July 18th

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Jul 11 12:48:15 EDT 2006

Folks,

Only Paul (Warriner) and I showed up for the meeting today, so I have
deferred it with the understanding that this didn't qualify as a meaningful
quorum for purposes of making any sort of decision.

The new meeting time is Tuesday July 18th, at 1600 UTC (9am PST, 12noon EST).

   http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/FunCom_Meeting_2

The good news is that we did have some good discussions with Paul, myself
and a few others (Tyler, Jo, etc).  The gist of it (as I understood things)
was a few concerns:

  o That sponsorships focused on overall promotion vs. project specific
    maintenance work might be better handled as distinct programs.   Paul W
    is going to write up some thoughts on this.

  o That it overall promotion should not be undervalued as an objective, and
    as a benefit that we can promote.

Best regards,