[Fundraising] First Meeting - May 9th

Michael P. Gerlek mpg at lizardtech.com
Wed May 3 12:48:35 EDT 2006

I like this a lot -- I can see something like a web page on the OSGeo
site of (nice-looking) ads for each sponsoring company that offers
OSGeo-related work in some way.

It also goes nicely with the idea someone (Frank?) said about getting
contractors/consultants to become sponsors, and by extension having
OSGeo recommend to companies that they should "look for the OSGeo label"
when out-sourcing work to someone.  (I note this is a way of having the
foundation be able to provide a "preferred provider" list, without
getting into any nasty conflict of interest situations.)

-mpg