[Fundraising] Foundation Sponsorship

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Nov 13 23:59:59 EST 2006

Tyler Mitchell wrote:
> As you probably noticed, I made many edits today to this page.  I looked
> at it as an outward focused document and less of an internal document
> for review.  Probably needs at least 1 more read through by each of us.
> I think we could still tighten up the Why Sponsor OSGeo section, but it
> gets awkward since most of them overlap in some way.  I removed one
> point that I thought was a duplicate of point 4.
>
> Hope it looks okay - let's discuss.

Tyler,

I think this sentance "Many companies, non-profit organizations and
government agencies use OSGeo technologies in their day-to-day work and
would be substantially different if these tools were not available." is
ackward.  The organizations would be substantially different?  Perhaps
you mean they would be disadvantaged or negatively impacted if these
tools were not available?

I have to admit I don't find much difference between "Organizations Depend
on OSGeo Software" and "Organization or Community Adoption of OSGeo Software".

What is the distinction between the Associate Sponsor's "Sponsor is promoted
on OSGeo Sponsors Web page, with link to sponsor's Web site" and the
Supporting Sponsor's "Promotional Space on a personalized OSGeo Sponsor Page
(content subject to OSGeo approval)"?

I'm not sure that there is much point in using "tmitchell at osgeo.org"
when your real address is in the mailto:.  The mailto is more likely to
be harvested for spam purposes.

Despite these nits, I'm quite happy with the page.

Best regards,