Motion: Adopt Project Sponsorship Proposal

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Oct 18 23:59:46 EDT 2006

Frank Warmerdam wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I'd like to return to the project sponsorship proposal.
>
>   http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Project_Sponsorship
>
> Motion:
>   I move to adopt the Project Sponsorship as proposed in the Wiki.
>
> Please review, and discuss or vote.  If discussion shows a need for
> revision, I'll withdraw the motion update, possibly holding an IRC
> meeting for further work.  Lets consider the motion to be open for voting
> till Wednesday evening (Oct 18th).

Folks,

Well, it's Wednesday evening and by my count I got a +1 from Michael. I
got some questions from Gary, but no clear support for the motion.  No
one else responded.

I'm going to take this as the motion being *defeated* for lack of support
even though there were no objections.  I don't feel a major program can
be recommended to the board without more support from within the committee
than this.

At this point, I'm feeling quite ineffective in the role of Fundraising
chair, and I'd like to solicit volunteers to take the chair, though I'm
fine to stay as a member of the committee.

Dave, you expressed an interest before, would you be willing to take the
reigns?  I think we likely need to arrange a new meeting, but our old
meeting time is apparently in conflict with a recurring meeting of Gary's
so we should likely pick a new time slot.

Best regards,