Motion: Adopt Project Sponsorship Proposal

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Oct 25 21:07:34 EDT 2006

Frank Warmerdam wrote:
>> Folks,
>>
>> I'd like to return to the project sponsorship proposal.
>>
>>   http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Project_Sponsorship
>>
>> Motion:
>>   I move to adopt the Project Sponsorship as proposed in the Wiki.
>>
>> Please review, and discuss or vote.  If discussion shows a need for
>> revision, I'll withdraw the motion update, possibly holding an IRC
>> meeting for further work.  Lets consider the motion to be open for voting
>> till Wednesday evening (Oct 18th).
>
> Folks,
>
> Well, it's Wednesday evening and by my count I got a +1 from Michael. I
> got some questions from Gary, but no clear support for the motion.  No
> one else responded.
>
> I'm going to take this as the motion being *defeated* for lack of support
> even though there were no objections.  I don't feel a major program can
> be recommended to the board without more support from within the committee
> than this.

Folks,

We now have +1 support for Dave McIlhagga, Michael Gerlek, Paul Warriner and
I'll throw in my +1.   So four votes in support, and no objections.

I'm sure this is a terrible violation of Roberts Rules of Order but I'd like
to resurrect the motion I previously declared defeated, and now declare it
passed.  If anyone *does* have an objection, please try to voice it before
the board meeting Friday at which I will represent this proposal as having
the support of the fundraising committee.

Best regards,