[Fundraising] Re: Motion: Adopt Project Sponsorship Proposal

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Thu Oct 19 23:57:37 EDT 2006

Frank wrote:

----------------------
When we are comfortable with it, I will take it to Webcom and get it published
on the web site.

This IS the FrankW foundation, isn't it? :)

I have to admit that I'm a bit discouraged in general about the level of involvement in the various OSGeo committees.  The folks that are in the committees are working as hard as they have time for, but I expected a lot more involvement after the initial rush.  What I have seen is a lot of people that should be part of OSGeo saying things like "hopefully OSGeo will be able to change that" (in this case about confusion around offerings).

Unfortunately, the administrivia of running a foundation is way less cool than "real" projects, and less immediate than family and work demands.  I guess it's a bit of chicken and egg.  To get more to commited time, we need to show results, but with limited resources it takes a long time to show results.

I really really hope that with Tyler's focussed efforts we can start showing more solid results and attract more volunteers.

Jason