[Fundraising] Re: Motion: Adopt Project Sponsorship Proposal

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Oct 19 23:02:06 EDT 2006

Dave McIlhagga wrote:
> Regarding taking over as Chair - I'm nervous that with the realities of
> business cycles, I won't be able to do this justice. Perhaps Tyler in
> his new ED role could take on role as Chair? Given the critical
> importance that this, above else, does not slip through the cracks - I
> think it would be appropriate.
 >
> Tyler - what are your thoughts on this?

Dave,

Ok, well, I'd suggest we revisit the chair position in November in
an IRC meeting after Tyler is in full time.  There is no point in
browbeating you in into chairing if you aren't comfortable with having
time to lead things.

In the meantime perhaps we can all thing a bit about how to get some
new blood in this committee, and how we want to move forward.

> BTW - I took a few brief minutes to start creating a draft page on the
> wiki to be our OSGeo Sponsorship page. I just started with the
> Foundation Sponshorship content, and began to work with it. It's very
> much a work in progress - and I would welcome help. :)

This looks like an excellent jump forward in this regard.  For those
wanting to skip a few steps through the wiki, here is the direct url:

   http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/OSGeo_Sponsorship_Page

I'll try and make a more careful review, and I encourage others to as well.
When we are comfortable with it, I will take it to Webcom and get it published
on the web site.  At that point we should be able to start beating the drums.

Best regards,