[fusion-dev] fusion svn reset

Paul Spencer pspencer at dmsolutions.ca
Wed Mar 19 20:56:00 EDT 2008

Hi folks,

as I noted before, we missed some stuff when we loaded the OSGeo
fusion SVN from our internal SVN.  The dump was getting truncated
because we tried to eliminate some extraneous stuff but keep some
other things around - there was a point in the revision history where
the tools could not cope with the inter-dependencies between trunk and
branches.

Now that we know what the problem is, we have been able to devise an
appropriate solution.  We are going to reload the OSGeo fusion with
just the trunk copy of the original fusion SVN so that we get all the
original code with version history.  There is some extra code that we
want to maintain in a branch at this point, but it is not necessary to
retain the history on it so we will just 'svn add' that later.  (It
was this branch that was causing the problems)

Prior to loading SVN and wiping out what is there, I am going to pull
out patches based on the commits that have happened since fusion was
loaded on OSGeo - there are not many changes and I can manage applying
them reasonably easily.

I will email this list when SVN can be considered useable again,
hopefully by end of day tomorrow.

Cheers and thanks for your patience,

Paul

    Paul Spencer