[fusion-dev] Fusion RFC 2 - Bootstrap Fusion PSC

Paul Spencer pspencer at dmsolutions.ca
Wed May 14 17:28:52 EDT 2008

I would like to open up RFC 2 [http://trac.osgeo.org/fusion/wiki/FusionRfc2
] for comment and general community feedback.

In summary, we would like to create a governing body for the Fusion
project made up of key stakeholders and other community members that
makes decisions on behalf of the community operating under the
guidelines described here:

http://trac.osgeo.org/fusion/wiki/ProjectSteeringCommitteeGuidelines

The initial membership of the committee is small and limited to key
technical stakeholders.  As the community grows, the PSC will bring on
active members of the community as formal members to ensure broad
representation.  Although voting on issues is limited to PSC members,
all discussions will be public on the fusion developer's list and
anyone may (and is encouraged to) comment on any issues through the
fusion developers list.

I propose to leave this RFC open for discussion for one week (until
May 21) at which time we will adopt it if there is no serious dissent
from the community.  During that time, any comments on the PSC
Guidelines will be accepted and integrated into the formal guidelines
if it makes sense to the initial committee members - i.e. I will add
the changes if no proposed member objects to proposed changes.  Any
substantial change in the nature of the guidelines will be open for
general discussion and may postpone the adoption date to provide
sufficient time for community feedback.

Thanks for your involvement ...

Paul

    Paul Spencer