[fusion-dev] Re: Recursion issue? with the legend updates

Paul Spencer pspencer at dmsolutions.ca
Wed Jul 14 22:17:22 EDT 2010

Hey Zac

the next version of fusion/jxlib that Mike has been working on has a more reasonable approach to populating the tree to accommodate this kind of situation (although I'm still not sure it would handle your case that gracefully ;)).  I don't believe that we looked at delaying the actual insert, I should go back and see if we can gain some performance by setting a flag that says don't insert the tree, just build it.  I know that the found the style updates excessive and added a freeze/thaw rendering pattern to prevent updates to the whole tree on every insert and that proved to be a huge performance gain.

Cheers

Paul