[fusion-dev] Pan & Zoom Issues

snowbound gerry at snowboundstudios.ca
Wed Nov 17 07:49:50 EST 2010

Hi all,
I'm fairly new to Mapguide and Fusion, but an old hat at webDev.

I am working on modifying the interface of the fusion templates, but am
experiencing some strange errors.

I have created some Search widgets, each searches a different table in a
different way and the delivery of the data to the task pane seems to be
working fine. When I click on a result row, the expected behavior is the
default Map.setSelection() which triggers a pan and zoom to that result.

However what happens is the map view blows out to the furthest possible
scale - as in outer space.

what I need to know is after setSelection, what method is triggered to
create the pan&zoom. Perhaps if I can find that I can figure out what I'm
doing wrong.

If its of help, here is the selectionXML that is passed to the setSelection
method. Does this look appropriate?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<FeatureSet xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="FeatureSet-1.0.0.xsd">
 <Layer id="0c6589f0-d476-102d-800e-005056a33fe7">
<Class id="Default:trails_index"> <ID>gAAAAA==</ID> </Class>
 </Layer>
</FeatureSet>