[fusion-users] Custom Widget + Task Pane + IE(7)

Nolte, Tim Tim.Nolte at ipcswirelessinc.com
Wed Aug 6 16:04:55 EDT 2008

I've been working on setting up a Fusion (1.0.6) application along with
UMN MapServer 5.2. I've begun working up two new widgets to use in the
Task Pane. I've added the information to the ApplicationDefinition.xml
file and added them to the Task List menu. Everything seems to work
without a problem in Firefox 2.x, but in IE7 I get a JavaScript error
and the menu items for my custom widgets don't show up. Anyone got any
thoughts here? Here is what I've defined:

		<!-- ContextMenu (Tasks): Menu available to the Task
Pane -->
		<Container xsi:type="UiItemContainerType">
			<Name>TaskContextMenu</Name>
			<Type>ContextMenu</Type>
			<Item xsi:type="WidgetItemType">
				<Function>Widget</Function>
				<Widget>menuMapAddress</Widget>
			</Item>
			<Item xsi:type="WidgetItemType">
				<Function>Widget</Function>
				<Widget>menuSiteSearch</Widget>
			</Item>
		</Container>

		<!-- CONTEXT MENU MAP ADDRESS -->
		<Widget xsi:type="UiWidgetType">
			<Name>menuMapAddress</Name>
			<Type>MapAddress</Type>
			<ImageUrl>images/icons/building.png</ImageUrl>
			<ImageClass/>
			<Label>Map Address</Label>
			<Tooltip>Click to map an address</Tooltip>
			<Extension xsi:type="CustomContentType">
				<Target>TaskPane</Target>
			</Extension>
			<Disabled/>
		</Widget>

		<!-- CONTEXT MENU SITE SEARCH -->
		<Widget xsi:type="UiWidgetType">
			<Name>menuSiteSearch</Name>
			<Type>SiteSearch</Type>

<ImageUrl>images/icons/transmit_blue.png</ImageUrl>
			<ImageClass/>
			<Label>Site Search</Label>
			<Extension xsi:type="CustomContentType">
				<Layer>OnAir</Layer>
				<Attribute>BTS_SWITCH_ID</Attribute>
				<Target>TaskPane</Target>
			</Extension>