[fusion-users] Jx.Layout and CSS positioning best practice

Paul Spencer pspencer at dmsolutions.ca
Thu Aug 14 21:52:40 EDT 2008

Hi Stuart,

You don't need to use Jx.Layout at all, you can remove the Jx.Layout
part and just set the size of your div using CSS.

Jx.Layout provides some logic for managing the size of elements
relative to a parent object and automatically handling the size of the
element.  If you can achieve what you want using just CSS, great!  Or
you can use your own javascript to handle your sizing logic if you
need to.  There is nothing magic about Jx.Layout, we just find it
convenient to create full page layouts that resize with the browser
because it handles a lot of the measuring and sizing code auto-
magically.

Cheers

Paul