[fusion-users] Fusion Questions

Paul Spencer pspencer at dmsolutions.ca
Wed Jul 16 08:26:49 EDT 2008

We need to think through how the navigator scale thing should work, I
think:

* it should be possible to set a min/max scale in the widget's
<Extension>
* it could possibly do a better job of picking up default min/max
scale from the map
* it should use a logarithmic scale for zooming, right now it is
linear and is really quite useless

I just took a look at the navigator code, it doesn't change the
position of the <div> that you put the navigator into.  If you are
using templates/mapserver/standard to start from, you should be able
to add:

  #Navigator {
     right: 10px;
     top: 10px;
  }

in the <head> of that page to set the position of the navigator (by
default it should be at left:0, top:0 inside the <div> with id 'Map')

Regarding units, it is possible that the ViewOptions widget is
overriding your individual widget settings, try removing it from your
ApplicationDefinition.  Note that right now we are using quite
inaccurate calculations for determining the decimal degrees of maps
not in a lonlat projection and also for calculating linear distances
from maps that are in decimal degrees.  We plan to incorporate proj4js
especially for displaying the cursor position in lonlat when the map
is not in lonlat, and it should help in measuring distances too
because we can convert into projections defined in meters.

Cheers

Paul