[fusion-users] Simple question about MapGuide tiling

pspencer at dmsolutions.ca pspencer at dmsolutions.ca
Thu Nov 6 13:22:36 EST 2008

sorry this is so frustrating, Stuart.

<responseToRant>
While Open Source can have many benefits, one of the drawbacks is that features depend on what the developers' use cases are (or what they are funded to add).  This is not always the same as the community at large, and when the project gets freely shared as Open Source, there are often use cases that get neglected because no one implements them.

The main Fusion developers are all from DM Solutions Group and we just didn't have a need to implement things in the way you would like to use them.  We do listen to feedback from the community and try to allocate some time to working on things that are outside what we strictly need for our own needs and the result is that we are working on making something like your use case work for the next version.

The flip side to that is that you have an opportunity to become involved and make things work the way you would like them too :)
</responseToRant>

So some other ideas
 - you could create an OpenLayers LayerSwitcher control and use it instead of the legend widget.
 - you could look at how the Legend widget is implemented and modify it to display the other layers, or write your own custom code.

Cheers

Paul