[fusion-users] Multiple versions of prototype.js

Paul Spencer pspencer at dmsolutions.ca
Fri Nov 14 06:50:02 EST 2008

Hi Stuart,

Fusion does use a full version of Prototype and Scriptaculous but I
believe it is an older version as we haven't updated in a while.

Fusion 2.0 will use MooTools which is an alternate (and unfortunately
mutually exclusive) javascript framework.  MooTools is similar to
Prototype (the MooTools developers were originally part of the
Prototype community) but different in some subtle ways.

It looks to me like you should be able to take a full build of
Prototype and Scriptaculous, concatenate them together and replace the
first 5799 lines of jx_combined.js ... then its just a matter of
figuring out if this breaks anything and patching Fusion and/or Jx
stuff.

Or you could just remove those lines from jx_combined.js load your own
Prototype/Scriptaculous first.  And if you are using jx_compressed.js,
that is just a copy of jx_combined.js that has been minified using
jsmin (or any other minifier).

Cheers

Paul