[fusion-users] Multiple versions of prototype.js

gingerbbm stuart.jones at jacobs.com
Fri Nov 14 04:45:08 EST 2008

Thanks for your reply, Paul.

The solution I arrived at - and I'm not really very happy about it - was to
do a search n' replace on the string "Prototype" in the MapGuide Fusion code
(so that it's now "OPrototype"). It appears to solve my issues.

Of course this is not sustainable but it means I can use the latest version
of Prototype (and Scriptaculous) in the rest of my site without worrying -
or resorting to nasty frames - at least until it's time to upgrade.

Questions:
1. Why does Fusion not use the full version of Prototype?
2. Will Fusion 2.0 use the full (and latest) version of Prototype?
3. Does Mootools rely on a full version of Prototype (or does it use a
subset a la Fusion 1.x)?

Cheers
Stuart