[fusion-users] MapGuide Ent 2010: Fusion and digitize error

Paul Spencer pspencer at dmsolutions.ca
Fri Jul 3 08:00:34 EDT 2009

Ah I see the problem now.  CanvasTool is designed as a mixin class for
widgets to provide client-side rendering services.  Each widget
provides a getMap method which is available to the CanvasTool
methods.  When CanvasTool is used by the MapGuideViewerApi.js methods,
it is created directly (not as a mixin for Widget) and hence has no
getMap() method.

In MapGuideViewerApi.js in fusion distributed with MGOS 2.1 beta
around line 176, there is this:

Fusion.Tool.Canvas.prototype.getMap = function() {
   return Fusion.getWidgetById(mapWidgetId);
}

which should, theoretically, be doing the same thing you are doing by
modifying CanvasTool.js directly.  Does the version you have include
this definition?  If not, can you try adding the above to
MapGuideViewerApi.js (anywhere will do) and removing your change to
CanvasTool.js and see if it still works?

Cheers

Paul