[gdal-dev] reading Arc/Info Binary Grid

Frank Warmerdam warmerda at h...
Thu Nov 9 01:34:29 EST 2000

Robert Denham wrote:

> Frank,
> the projection information is in a file prj.adf, and looks like:
> f2 [64676964grd1l]> cat prj.adf
> PROJECTION UTM
> UNITS meters
> SPHEROID WGS84
> DATUM WGS84
> PARAMETERS
> 153 0 0
> -40 0 0

Robert,

I have added limited support for parsing prj.adf files to the AIGrid reader
(most of the code is in OGRSpatialReference::importFromESRI() in
gdal/ogr/ogr_srs_esri.cpp). However, your file will not work. How is the
zone supposed to be established from your prj.adf file? Why does a UTM
projection have parameters in the parameters list?