[gdal-dev] Global --use-internal option for configure?

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at p...
Tue Dec 11 09:51:18 EST 2001

Simon Perkins wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We want to distribute a pre-compiled version of the GDAL library along
> with our
> software, since our customers often don't have up to date facilities to
> compile
> code on their Solaris machines. It would be nice to have an option to
> make GDAL
> as self contained as possible, i.e. by using the internal version of
> libraries
> such as libgif, libpng, etc, and disabling calls to weird libraries that
> they
> might not have. It is possible to achieve this effect with a string of
> flags to
> configure, but I wondered whether it would be nice to have a single flag
> that
> produced a reasonably self-contained libgdal, e.g. configure
> --use-all-internal,
> or something? This would also mean that when new formats are added to
> GDAL you
> don't have to adjust the string of flags you pass to configure. Let me
> know if
> you have any objections, comments and if there's no problems I'll go add
> it in.

Sy,

That sounds fine to me. Once you have done it let me know how it works so
I can be sure to maintain it properly in the future.

I set the clouds in motion - turn up | Frank Warmerdam, warmerdam at p...