[gdal-dev] OGRCreateCoordinateTransformation

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at p...
Sun Jul 15 23:32:03 EDT 2001

Ben Discoe wrote:

> Is OGRCreateCoordinateTransformation() part of the usual GDAL/OGR library?
> I know that OGR is a "loosely coupled subcomponent" of GDAL, so perhaps it
> omitted? I am linking against gdal_i.lib and it is coming up undefined.
>
> It looks like it is the only way to convert coordinates, a very important
> ability, so i would hope that it is built in to GDAL somehow.

Ben,

I have apparently never used this function in code outside of the GDAL
DLL before (though I have called the C analog OCTNewCoordinateTransformation())
and so I didn't realize it wasn't properly defined with the CPL_DLL marker
in the include file. I have corrected this. After a clean build it should
be exported properly and available in gdal_i.lib.