[gdal-dev] Small build problem

Ben Discoe ben at v...
Mon Jul 16 14:17:42 EDT 2001

> I imagine you don't have the VCDIR variable set properly in
> GDAL\nmake.opt.

That was indeed the problem. I have MSVC installed in a rather default
location:

VCDIR = "C:\Program Files\Visual Studio\VC98"

...but the Makefile apparently doesn't support spaces in paths. To get it
to work, i had to use the DOS-mangle equivalent:

VCDIR = C:\PROGRA~1\VISUAL~1\VC98

I notice that the default nmake.opt indicates a machine on which VC98 is
conveniently installed in a path without spaces :-) The norm being
otherwise, perhaps there should be a little note telling people what they
need to do to.

-Ben