[gdal-dev] GDAL and PROJ.4

Daniel Morissette danmo at v...
Sat Jul 28 17:07:58 EDT 2001

Ben Discoe wrote:

> > With the latest PROJ.4 from CVS you should be able to "nmake /f
> > makefile.vc nadshift"
> > in the PROJ\SRC directory to process the datum shift files in PROJ\NAD.
>
> When i try that, i get the error:
> C:\APIs\proj\nad>..\src\nad2bin.exe < conus.lla conus
>
> Indeed, there is no file 'conus.lla' in the PROJ cvs.

I haven't tried this on Windows, but with Unix you have to download and
extract the file proj-nad27-1.1.tar.gz in the nad directory. The
conus.lla and family are not in the proj4 CVS.
See http://www.remotesensing.org/proj/

FYI Frank is away for 10 days so don't be surprised if you don't get
replies to your other questions...
Daniel Morissette morissette at d...
DM Solutions Group http://www.dmsolutions.ca/