[gdal-dev] GDAL 1.1.4 Release

Ben Discoe ben at v...
Thu Mar 22 09:05:10 EST 2001

First, thanks for preparing a Win32 release. It looks like exactly what i'm
looking for, library and header.

I don't see "gdal-114-winnt.zip" on the server, but i do see these:

gdal-114-ntbin.zip (2 MB)
gdal-1142-ntbin.zip (5.6 MB)

The difference apparently is that "1142" has some newer files, and the file
"gdal.lib" is much larger. I suspect that "1142" is the one to use.

I added gdal1142/bin to my path, and tested it on an ArcInfo Binary Grid.
It appears to not find the projection/location information correctly, nor
the band type:

> gdalinfo 115h_90m.grd

Driver: EHdr/ESRI .hdr Labelled
Size is 1270, 1321
Coordinate System is `'
Origin = (0.000000,1.000000)
Pixel Size = (1.000000,-1.000000)
Corner Coordinates:
Upper Left ( 0.0000000, 1.0000000)
Lower Left ( 0.000, -1320.000)
Upper Right ( 1270.000, 1.000)
Lower Right ( 1270.000, -1320.000)
Center ( 635.000, -659.500)
Band 1 Block=1270x1 Type=Byte, ColorInterp=Undefined
Min=0.000/0, Max=255.000/0

I can uploaded the test file here i used, if needed.

Thanks,
Ben