[gdal-dev] GDAL 1.1.4 Release

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at p...
Thu Mar 22 09:34:53 EST 2001

Ben Discoe wrote:
> I don't see "gdal-114-winnt.zip" on the server, but i do see these:
>
> gdal-114-ntbin.zip (2 MB)
> gdal-1142-ntbin.zip (5.6 MB)
>
> The difference apparently is that "1142" has some newer files, and the file
> "gdal.lib" is much larger. I suspect that "1142" is the one to use.

Sorry about that. Yes, 1142 is the most up to date, though 114 isn't
far off. I don't really understand why the one .lib file is so different
in size from the other.

> I added gdal1142/bin to my path, and tested it on an ArcInfo Binary Grid.
> It appears to not find the projection/location information correctly, nor
> the band type:
>
> > gdalinfo 115h_90m.grd
>
> Driver: EHdr/ESRI .hdr Labelled
> Size is 1270, 1321
> Coordinate System is `'
> Origin = (0.000000,1.000000)
> Pixel Size = (1.000000,-1.000000)
> Corner Coordinates:
> Upper Left ( 0.0000000, 1.0000000)
> Lower Left ( 0.000, -1320.000)
> Upper Right ( 1270.000, 1.000)
> Lower Right ( 1270.000, -1320.000)
> Center ( 635.000, -659.500)
> Band 1 Block=1270x1 Type=Byte, ColorInterp=Undefined
> Min=0.000/0, Max=255.000/0
>
> I can uploaded the test file here i used, if needed.

How sure are you that this is a binary grid, and not (as gdalinfo reports)
an ESRI labelled BIL? If you send me the file I will see what I can do
to get georeferencing support working properly. Just drop it in
ftp://gdal.velocet.ca/pub/incoming and let me know.

Thanks,