[gdal-dev] Compiling on cygwin

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at p...
Tue Nov 6 23:25:17 EST 2001

> attached find some cygwin makefile mods
> note that I can build a Cygwin pymod extension
>
> I can build a libgdal.dll but I still have to manually
> change the SO_EXT = in the GDALmake.opt file
>
> I didn't see where this was being set in the configure.in script

Norman,

I have added pymod/cygMakefile to CVS though it isn't likely to be maintained
properly. I have also modified configure to set the EXE macro in
GDALmake.opt.in as well as overriding SO_EXT to dll (not that this is set
by the LD_SHARED macro in aclocal.m4). I also modified the apps/GNUmakefile
to use $(EXE) to properly name .exe executables (though I haven't found this
to be necessary since I added the .exe hack to install-sh).

What I can't seem to do with cygwin-1.3.3 (2001-09-12) is to produce shared
libraries or dlls. How do you do this? What version of Cygwin do I need?

I set the clouds in motion - turn up | Frank Warmerdam, warmerdam at p...